Visa transfers applies to those who have lost their passport, if it was stolen or you have a new passport.
The process is easy and not a lot of documents are needed to submit the application.
In the event of your passport expiring you will need to apply for a new passport and once issued with a new passport, only then can you submit an application for a visa transfer.
The application can be submitted at your nearest VFS centre (Visa Facilitation Services).
Documents needed for this process are the following:
- Certified copy of your old passport
- Certified copy of your current visa Continue reading
Passports are issued for international travelling purposes and to identify you(r) nationality. Any South African citizen who has a South African identity number can apply for a passport and is only issued in Pretoria
Please note: If you do not have a South African identity number you should apply for registration of birth and an identity document in order to apply for a passport.
Applications can be made at any office of the Department of Home Affairs. When an application is made for a passport you and other dependant family members must be present as biometrics must be done.
The official has to verify if you are the true person and your identity is legal/valid as it’s checked against the National Population Register. Continue reading
Zimbabwean nationals or residence holders wishing to submit general work visa applications at the South African Embassy in Harare, please note:
- The old application form needs to be submitted, where “part P” is completed and stamped by the potential employer.
- All employer documents, ie. Motivational letter, undertakings, employment contract need to be in original format and stamped by the company.
- Furthermore, if one uses a newspaper advert, it would have been expired at the time of submission (meaning more than 4 months old) to the Embassy. Therefore one has to state the case that labour takes +/- 4-5 months to be issued and the advertisement is a requirement for labour and not for the embassy. The Embassy might not want to accept the application because of this reason. Continue reading