Top 10 things to know about permits in Botswana

Top 10 things to know about permits in Botswana

For living and working in Botswana one has to apply for a visa or permit first. First things first. Here are the most important things –

hence our Top 10 list –

that have to be considered when you need to have a visa or permit in Botswana:

  1. Permits in Botswana are issued by the Ministry of Labour and Home Affairs
  2. When obtaining a long term permit one needs to apply for a residence permit as well
  3. Medical certificates and radiological reports are considered as one document and are only valid for 14 days


    picture source:

  4. Visitor visas allow you to have to visit Botswana on a multiple entry basis but can only be renewed for the remainder of your 90 day stay
  5. Work permits in Botswana are available as both long and short term permits
  6. Passports are not kept at the Ministry during application processing
  7. When obtaining a study permit in Botswana, the student may not work
  8. There are no business permits in Botswana, instead they are called ‘Investor or Director’ permits
  9. South Africans, Namibians and Zimbabweans submit their work applications at a different Ministry of Labour and Home Affairs as opposed to other foreign nationals
  10. All work permits are submitted at the Ministry of Labour in Gaborone and residence permits are submitted at the Ministry of Home Affairs where you will reside in Botswana

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any immigration related questions or need assistance in your visa and permit matters.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Leave a Comment

Filed under Immigration

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.