Zimbabwean nationals or residence holders wishing to submit general work visa applications at the South African Embassy in Harare, please note:
- The old application form needs to be submitted, where “part P” is completed and stamped by the potential employer.
- All employer documents, ie. Motivational letter, undertakings, employment contract need to be in original format and stamped by the company.
- Furthermore, if one uses a newspaper advert, it would have been expired at the time of submission (meaning more than 4 months old) to the Embassy. Therefore one has to state the case that labour takes +/- 4-5 months to be issued and the advertisement is a requirement for labour and not for the embassy. The Embassy might not want to accept the application because of this reason.
- The Embassy will request that one must make an appointment. Therefore you will need to visit the Embassy twice, firstly to make the appointment and then secondly to submit the application.
- The cost to submit the general work visa application is $173. The Embassy will not confirm the processing time for the visa, however it could take possibly 8 weeks.
- If The Embassy finds fault with any documentation, they will notify you and give you the opportunity to rectify the documents. Once rectified, the 8 weeks processing time will restart again
- The Embassy will notify the applicant once the outcome has been reached.
- The Embassy will keep the passport for the duration of the processing time of the visa
The Embassy does not answer their telephone nor do they respond to any emails.
Please do not hesitate to CONTACT US if you have any questions or need guidance.