NEWS: Children travelling into South Africa need their birth certificates translated into English!

According to the latest announcement of the Department of Home Affairs Spokesperson, Mayihlome Tshwete, birth certificates required by South Africa’s immigration regulations need to be translated into English, so South Africa’s customs officials could read them.SA_flaggeChpapesch1

Due to the current directive which is from 01 June 2015 effective, an unabridged birth certificate – or equivalent, from their country of origin, which must indicate the names of the child´s parents, is required when children travel to, from and through South Africa.

Please take a note that this is a change to the former concession by the Departments of Tourism and Home Affairs that the translation would not be required!

Please do not hesitate to contact us HERE.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Leave a Comment

Filed under Immigration, Social life - others

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.